I prepared Khandvi for yet another challenge of SNC challenge # 7,South vs North challenge, an event started by Divya Pramil of You Too Can Cook. The motto of this event is to exchange an Indian recipe between two teams. This month , for the Southern team Hetal Acharya of Gujarati Zaika challenged us with this fabulous Khandvis,while Shama challenged the Northern team with favourite karupatti Aapam.Thanks Hetal for challenging the southern team with this delicious khandvis, i loved it very much.
I dont make curd at home ,i was wondering will the khandvis turn out properly.I asked Hetal my doubts ,she replied for my mail promptly .Thanks Hetal. I mailed to Manju of DesiFiesta,,she was very happy to mail me and gave me lot of tips.Thanks Manju.I was sure to take up the challenge.I did it,it turned out awesome.When i started rolling the khandvis,i was able to do it,wow,i was so happy,they were cute little yellow roses.If it was not for the SNC challenge i wouldn't have definitely tried them at home.Thanks guys,so happy to be part of the team.
- Besan-1 cup
- Curd-1 1/2
- Water -2 cup
- Chilli&ginger-1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves-1 string ,to garnish
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Greenchilly- 1 ,chopped
- Hing-1/4 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- In a bowl mix together besan,curd,water,chilli&ginger paste,turmeric powder,salt and sugar.Mix them without forming lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to the nonstick pan and cook in medium flame.
- Cook it for 10min ,spread the a spoon of mixture on back of a plate ,check after 1 min whether you are able to roll.If you are able to roll the mixture is in proper consistency.else cook it for another 2-3 min.
- When it is cooked ,spread immediately on a stainless plate or porcelain plate ,make them into thin sheets.
- Let it dry for 5min.Cut it into strips and roll them.
- Place them in the serving dish.
- Heat oil in kadai ,add the mustard seeds when it splutters add the greenchillies and hing.
- Pour it on the top of the rolled strips.Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Dont leave the batter unattended ,else it is going to form lumps.
- Keep the plates ready and spread it thin and evenly.
- You can try making stuffed Khandvis too.
- You can use porcelain plates,aluminum foil to spread the batter.
Sending this to Susans event My Legume Love Affair - 58 passed on to Lisa Kitchens hosted by Chez Cayenne.