My favourite home made pickle,whenever i have over ripen tomatoes or want a quick fix for chappati either a small batch or a big batch.I puree the tomato in the mixer and add all the powders and let it reduce.I have added ground fenugreek seeds powder in the end,you can either add or avoid it.Either way it tastes good.
I always add sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes.It is not very sweet.Just spread it on the roti and serve.
- Tomato- 10 ,medium size,pureed
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
- CurryLeaves- 5nos
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Whole Fenugreek Seeds- 10nos
- Whole Jeera - 2 pinch
- Whole Pepper- 3nos
- In a kadai,heat oil,add the mustard seeds ,when it splutters add curry leaves.
- Add the pureed tomato,salt ,turmeric ,chill,coriander powder and mix it well.
- Keep in a medium flame and cook till all the water evaporates.
- When it comes to a gravy consistency,add a 1 tsp of sugar,to cut the acidity.
- When the oil begins to separate,add the ground powder and leave for 1 min and remove from heat.
- Serve as a dip for roti or dosa.
- When cools down keep it in airtight container and refrigerate it.