I wanted to try Prawn Briyani when I saw in various blog. I was not sure how it will turn out.Because of the odor of prawn , i added some thick coconut milk and extra garam masala.I had not mint leaves , i was wondering how will it turn ,it turned awesome without mint leaves.Wow , it was superb and rich .I never imagined it will turn out so well.I used small prawns ,it turned so yummy .I wont be adding any mint leaves hereafter.I loved the taste .Do try this , you will love it.I wanted to try it once in a while.
Thank you all guys for your wonderful comments in every post of mine which has kept me going.You have supported , motivated and inspired me .This post is for you.
- Prawns - 100g
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Red chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger& Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
Ingredients - 1
- Rice - 1 cup ,soaked for 10min
- Green chilly - 2 ,slit
- Onion -1 , sliced thinely
- Tomato -1 , chopped
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp , chopped
- Curd - 1 tbsp
- Kashmir chilli Powder -1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Thick coconut milk - 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt as needed
Whole Garam Masala
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cardamom - 2
- Clove - 3
- Bayleaf - 1
- Star Anise - 1
- In a heavy bottomed vessel , add oil ,when it is hot ,add the whole garam masala ,let it splutter
- Add the onions and green chillies , saute till it turns golden
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for 2 sec.
- Add the marinating prawns and give it a stir ,leave it for 1 min.
- Now add the coriander leaves ,curd ,tomato ,lemon juice,salt and all the powders mentioned in the Ingredients list once by one, let it cook for 1 min.
- Add the coconut milk and let it cook till the oil separates in the top.
- While the 6 step is being done , boil 5 cups of water in a bowl , add a small cinnamon stick and cardamom(extra than from the above mentioned)
- Add the soaked rice ,cook it for 6min.
- When u r about to remove from heat add 1 tsp of oil and 1/2 lemon juice.Give a stir.
- Drain the water.reserve a 1/2 cup of drained water.mix yellow food color.
- by this time the gravy will be ready.add the rice to the top of the gravy
- Add the food color in circles on the top.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and keep a heavy vessel or mortar on top of it.
- Keep the vessel on a hot tava and cook it for 10min.
- Completely simmer and cook it again for 10min.
- Switch off from the flame and leave it for 10min.
- Serve hot with onion raita.
- Try using very small prawns than the bigger ones ,as it taste awesome.
- Take care to wash the prawns well.