July 3, 2013

Chicken Gravy in Electric Cooker.



This post is for my friend Divya Pramil, for her special day.She is a great chicken fan.I was her reader at first,i liked many of her non veg recipes.My first post was the chicken gravy, she  had published in her blog.I was so happy and thrilled to see my post in her blog and the comments you guys shared.It was an amazing day for me.She has been a big motivation and inspiration for me starting this blog.I used to ask her all doubts ,she has such a patience to tell me.She has such a beautiful blog and has stunning clicks.I am so happy to have Divya and lot of many others as friends.It is so fantastic that we are virtually connected.Thanks Divya.

I am great fan of Chicken Chanap ,Bengali cuisine.When you see the pictures you really go mesmerized.I wanted to try for a long.There is one key ingredient Sattu,so as usual i was skeptical about doing it.I came across this recipe in Colors and Spices.She has such wonderful recipes,all,but u know she has got step by step pics.I wanted to try some of her recipes.I tweaked this recipe to suit my south indian taste buds.Do try it you will definitely love it.

I have read slow cooking in electric cooker ,i wanted to try it with chicken.It was wonderful.I was bored of the usual chicken gravy,so tried this one.My family enjoyed having them.It was perfect with nei choru.
It is so easy you mix everything and cook them in electric cooker,u can use stove top also.I was lazy so went with electric cooker.I didn't marinate for long ,gave myself excuse and prepared straight away.

I have grated small onions,big onion ,garlic and ginger using grater.It changed the complete flavor .Do give it a try. Try to accommodate ghee ,it adds more flavor to the dish.

  

      Wishing you a very amazing day and year ahead Divya.

 



Ingredients for Marination
  1. Chicken - 500g
  2. Small onions- 5nos,grated
  3. Onion-1 ,big,grated
  4. Ginger - 11/2 tsp,grated
  5. Garlic - 3 pods,grated
  6. Tomato- 1 big,chopped very small
  7. Curryleaves- 10 leaves
  8. Chilli Pwd-2 tsp
  9. Turmeric pwd-1 /4 tsp
  10. Coriander pwd - 1/2 tsp
  11. Garam Masala pwd-1/4 tsp
  12. Salt as needed
  13. Curd - 3 tbsp
 GaramMasala
  1. Oil- 3 tbsp
  2. Ghee-1 tbsp
  3.  Cinnamon stick - 1small
  4. Bayleaf- 2-3 nos
  5. Cardamom -3 nos
  6. Star Anise-1 nos
  7. Black cardamom-1 nos
  8.  Sauf- 1/4 tsp
  9. Small onions -2 nos,chopped
  10. Curryleaves- 4 nos

Method for Making Chicken gravy
  1. In a bowl mix together everything the ingredients given under marination.
  2. Heat oil in and ghee in kadai ,add all the whole garam masala(ingredients 3-8) when it splutters add the small onion and curryleaves.
  3. Transfer both the marinated chicken and the fried whole garam masala to the electric cooker and keep in cook mode .
  4. You can add water to this if you want.I didnt add any.I like thick gravy.
  5. It will take 20mins to cook .You can stir for every five minutes.
  6. When oil floats on the top.Garnish with coriander.
  7. When it goes to warm mode.You can switch it out and ready to serve.
  8. Perfect for roti or rice.

22 comments:

  1. the curry looks really rich... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chicken curry Meena :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its awesome. I will join everyone in loving this delicious and inviting dish, the chicken pieces in a attractive delicious gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken looks mouthwatering and delectable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. tempting and delicious chicken curry meena..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meena the chicken looks good. the addition of curry leaves is very interesting, it will taste very different than the original chaNp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very tempting n spicy chicken Gravy.... Lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummyilicious and fingerlicking gravy, love to enjoy with a bowl of rice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply yummy...wonderful colour and rich with that bowl of rice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tempting gravy...looks very delicious ! great clicks too !

    ReplyDelete
  11. from one chicken fan to another..fab fab fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow never tried chicken with electric cookers though
    http://followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo Meena chicken curry looks really soft and drool worthy never tried with electric cooker..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea Meena.looks so easy. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. now i will make full use of my new electric cooker and make sweet and spicy dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this post.This is good and very durable electric cooker ,i am happy to buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Chicken gravy dish looks so brilliant. Will try some time.
    restaurant near venkateshwar college

    ReplyDelete